Thank you for choosing Secure Retail as your trusted POS hardware provider. You may have purchased Miura M010 PCI PTS 3 payment solutions from us with the official expiration date of 30 April 2020, per the PCI Security Standards Council.
Products with expired PCI PTS 3 approvals are not eligible for new sale or new deployments other than repair and replacement of like products.
Due to the expiration date of PCI PTS 3 M010 devices, Miura has announced a last time order date. Whilst Miura is offering next generation variants to the PCI PTS 3 M010 payment device, including a PCI PTS 5 variant of the M010 or their new M020, if you are moving to either of these devices, they both use new EMV kernels which will require either a comfort test or full accreditation with you chosen acquirer.
Therefore it is important that Secure Retail works with you to make sure you have enough purchase order coverage in place to maintain existing estates and to supply new customers whilst you transition to these next generation devices.
It is acceptable to purchase devices prior to the PCI PTS 3 expiry date, however, anyone purchasing expired devices or deploying large number of devices after the expiry date will need to discuss the liability with their acquirer.
Products with expired PCI PTS 3 approvals may remain in the field and are eligible for Delta testing or Delta evaluations provided no security vulnerabilities or exploits are identified by the processors. Check with your acquirer/processor for any sunset dates.
In order to facilitate the potential demand for PCI PTS 3 M010 devices and to meet Miura’s last time buy deadlines please see below information on last time purchase and supply dates with Secure Retail:
- Secure Retail requires all orders to be received from you by no later than close of business on 24 October 2019 to guarantee supply of devices.
- All orders placed by 24 October 2019 are subject to a billing date of no later than 30 April 2020. If you require the product to be stored in our secure warehouse after that date it could be subject to storage charges.
- To try and help our customers, Secure Retail will also be putting additional purchase order coverage in place with Miura for unexpected demand.
- Customers will be able to place orders with Secure Retail after 24 October 2019 but product availability will be limited and available on a first come first served basis only.
- Orders placed after 24 October 2019 will be subject to a price increase due to the risk of Secure Retail holding stock with no customer purchase order coverage in place. To avoid these price rises please place your orders by 24 October 2019.
NB: There is no guarantee that Secure Retail will be able to supply any orders placed after 24 October 2019.
Support of M010 Payment Devices
Secure Retail will continue to provide and support the standard 12 months manufacturer’s warranty for any existing payment devices already deployed and for those purchased between now and April 2020.
Any Secure Retail Customers with an Estate Manager Service Program will continue to be supported through the existing period of their service program.
The team here at Secure Retail is ready to support you with your management of the PCI PTS 3 M010 last time buy period and assist with your transition to PCI PTS 5 payment devices from Miura. Please see attached datasheets of these next generation payment terminals.
Please do not hesitate to contact your Secure Retail Account Manager direct or on 01530 511150 with any questions you may have.